New Orleans House Project

Saturday, October 10, 2015

RSC 15: Scrappy Brown + Orange

As I was putting away the orange scraps from last month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color, I came across a bag full of 2" orange squares left over from another project.  They were bugging me to get used, so I started playing with a combination of brown and orange 2" squares. 
 With a little inspiration from the current issue of Quiltmania, I got this pinned to my design wall.  I still need to make the horizontal sashing, but I'm happy with it so far.  And all of it is from scraps!

I got last week's Sawtooth Star blocks finished, too.  I'm going to go back through the brown scraps and see what else I can find that will lend itself to some more of these 4" stars.  

I'm off to visit my mom and sisters in Florida for the weekend.  I didn't have a hand applique project at the ready to take with me, so I pinned up a small applique wall hanging and will try to do some hand quilting during the quiet hours.  I usually try to do some antiquing when I visit Mom, but maybe this time I'll succumb to the siren song of one of the nearby quilt stores.  

If I can get my iPad blogging program to work, I'll be linking up with Angela's RSC linky party on Saturday.  Hope everyone enjoys their brown scrappy stitching this week!

11 comments:

  1. The orange and brown colors are beautiful for fall. Enjoy your visit to Florida. A visit to quilt shops sound like great family bonding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawtooth Stars - my favorite star blocks. And I love yours! And that little 4 patch quilt is looking good. Are you going to add cornerstones, too? I'd love to be heading for Florida ... it's gotten downright cold here (and we're nowhere close to how cold it'll get before winter is over). Good luck with your iPad blogging program. I'm still searching for one that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those star blocks! Enjoy your visit to Florida with your Mom and sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange and brown work so well together! Love the brown stars. Enjoy the Florida visit and those quilt shops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good and all from scraps. Yay for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip and don't feel too bad if you end up in a quilt shop...it happens to me all the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! Love the sawtooth star blocks! Just found your blog...I'm a NOLA girl in Houston now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely selection of blocks this week. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute orange 4 patches! I love your stars too - fun fussy cutting

    ReplyDelete
  10. I struggle with scrappy but you clearly are a pro. I love the orange!

    Hope you are having a great time in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Sawtooth Star blocks.

    ReplyDelete