New Orleans House Project

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Rainy Sunday Stitching

I've missed linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching for a few weeks.  It's not that I've not been enjoying any slow stitching, it's that I haven't been doing much of it on Sundays.  Today is a perfect slow stitching day though, it's raining and the forecast is for rain for the next two or three days.  I'm about to plant myself in front of the TV and stitch to my heart's content.
First up is completing the binding on this Trip Around the World quilt.  I've been hand-stitching the binding on this baby f o r e v e r - 10 yards of binding!  I'm excited about finishing this quilt, for sure.

Once the binding is finished, I can get back to making and stitching hexies on this quilt.   It's a great go-to project for rainy Sunday stitching.

I hope everyone else has a great Slow Sunday Stitching day!
 

12 comments:

  1. These are both great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects for a rainy afternoon--it's raining here too--we REALLY need it--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects for "any" time. Enjoy your Sunday stitching in the rain. We were rainy yesterday, and I got some stitching done myself!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your green project is so beautiful. I have to search your blog for more posts and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty trip around the world. Enjoy your hand stitching day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh you are going to have the hurricane remnant rain ...well I hope that it's just a slow and steady one, just like stitching, and not too much! Enjoy finishing that trip around the world...both projects are so pretty ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forever can still add up to a finish though.:) Enjoy your slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green binding!
    I've always enjoyed hand-stitching bindings on. To me, it's peaceful and relaxing - feet up, quilt draped over me, stitching away. I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a binding that I can't seem to finish either. I agree that the rain is a perfect excuse to sit and stitch. And your hexies, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have missed the last few Slow Sunday Stitching posts also.

    That is A LOT of binding you've got going. Did you finish?

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your green TATW - great GFG too!

    ReplyDelete