New Orleans House Project

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday: Yellow = Happy

Yellow is such a happy color...quilting makes me happy...why don't I have more yellow in my quilts?  Which is my way of saying - I don't have that many yellow scraps!  I've already taken steps to rectify this problem and stopped at one of my LQS yesterday afternoon.

I did find enough scraps to assemble the first yellow Rainbow Sampler block, Framed Four Patch.
And a scrappy Lover's Knot.  
One scrappy 9 patch was completed. 
I also finished up two additional green sampler blocks and stitched an additional sampler block in purple.

Now that I have some additional yellow fabrics, I should be able to start work on this month's Carpenter's Wheel block.  I'm looking forward to some more happy yellow Rainbow Scrap Sampler blocks as well.  For more yellow scrappy inspiration, do check out Angela's Soscrappy blog today!




 

12 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we have allot of some colors and hardly any of others. I had very little aqua but I really like that color. Your blocks are looking great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we use the colours we like; therefore, no scraps. What do you think? Good start on your yellow blocks. And congratulations on finishing up with green and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently been adding yellow to go in my Happy Dance quilt, and I'm finding that good yellows are hard to come by. I also have not used them too much in a lot of my projects because they really take over - I tend to use them sparingly unless they are a major part of the color scheme! Looking forward to seeing some of you new yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty yellow block - really a taste of summer. Good that you did some catching up too on the green and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many of us are in the same boat on yellow. As much as we love it, there just isn't that much in our stashes. Glad you found some to fill in the gaps. Great sampler additions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent that you could enhance your yellow collection! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blocks. I need to enhance my yellow stash, toooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You blocks are lovely. I haven't had time to do anything this week. Boo hoo hoo. Long weekend, so hoping to do some today & tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always fun to add to the stash. I've been doing that the last few years with this challenge - I had no orange and very little yellow when I started.... A nice bunch of each now =).

    ReplyDelete
  10. The challenge does show you what you use and what you don't. Very sunny blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blocks. I'm like you I don't have many yellow scraps so I might have to have a little trip to my LQS xx

    ReplyDelete