New Orleans House Project

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday: Shades of Yellow Fabric Therapy

So many distractions this week!  Still, I managed to find time for fabric therapy - thank goodness!

I've spent a good bit of time playing with yellow scraps and yardage, as yellow is this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color.  Angela posted several new blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Sampler and I coordinated and cut all the pieces for a yellow Carpenter's Wheel block.
Doesn't the Wacky Pinwheel block remind you of a bow on a gift package?
The Alamo Star block gave me an excuse to use the Tri-Recs ruler - my new favorite piecing tool.
The Economy Block was perfect for using some yellows that have a gray undertone.
The Bright Hopes block used a neat technique for piecing the inset block without using Y seams.
I also finished a 16 patch block, which will eventually become a star.

As always, there will be lots of yellow inspiration over at Angela's Soscrappy blog.  I'm going to allow myself to be distracted by that - as well as watching a World Cup game between England and Italy. 



  1. Your blocks look great, isn't variety such fun!

  2. Beautiful shades of yellow. Good for you keeping up with Angela's posts.

  3. Gorgeous yellows... I love the Tri Recs blocks too!

  4. Good looking sampler blocks. Love the little chick fabric, so cute.

  5. A little fabric therapy and a world cup game sounds like a perfect day. Such pretty yellow fabrics. Love the little chicks in the middle of the economy block.

  6. I really need some fabric therapy! Love all your yellows - that chick fabric is so cute. You reminded me I need to make a 16 patch...thanks!

  7. I love that chick fabric, it is so cute!

  8. the colors are so intense! Yellow is wonderful! LeeAnna Paylor

  9. Love your fabrics and blocks. I think 16 patch blocks are probably my favorite. A fun way to us up small scraps.