New Orleans House Project

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday: Retiring Yellow

Today was an unusual Saturday, as I had to work this morning.  A co-worker and I pulled the duty to work at our company's booth at a medical conference.  I enjoyed doing something out of the usual routine, even if it was on a Saturday!  The conference ended at noon and since I was already in the French Quarter, I took the opportunity to do some shopping at one of my favorite clothing stores.  I missed my usual Saturday morning quilting, but it was still a winning morning!
Not the greatest pictures, as I waited until this evening to take shots of this week's yellow Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.  Here is my Lemoyne Star for the Rainbow Scrap Sampler.
I finished this month's Carpenter's Wheel after I got home this afternoon.
The design wall was empty, so I pinned up the previous RSC Carpenter's Wheel blocks.   These blocks finish at 16 inches.  My original thought was that I'd only make 9 of these blocks, but that all depends on what other colors are included in this year's challenge.

I still haven't looked at all the other RSC sharing at Angela's blog today.  I think I'll fix a tall glass of something cold to drink and go unwind by looking at lots of Rainbow Scrap inspiration!

 

10 comments:

  1. I am always inspired by your Carpenter's Wheel blocks! I'm glad you shared even if the light is not the best. Sometimes I have to take my pics at night too - we do the best we can right? Glad you enjoyed your work this morning and the shopping trip - my favorite shopping trip is to a little shop near my mom's house - about 5 hours from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful fabrics you've chosen fro these blocks. They look so stunning. Sounds like you had fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your carpenter's wheel blocks are beautiful one by one, but as a group -- wow! What a great quilt it is turning into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your carpenter's wheel blocks. In the rainbow colours they just glitter. Did you buy anything nice on your shopping expedition?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Carpenter's Wheel blocks are going to make an amazing quilt! They look so beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are gorgeous. Im looking forward to seeing this finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Carpenter blocks en masse are spectacular. You have to continue with the challenge and make all 12. They don't have to be in the same quilting project but they are crying out to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your carpenter's wheels are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love them! So very pretty in all the different colors! I might consider doing another Swoon in different colors next year now that I see how this is turning out, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great together.Will you do a recap post of all your blocks so far this year for tomorrow's link party at Angela's?

    ReplyDelete