New Orleans House Project

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Time to Get Gone with Green!

Here we are, back at Saturday and talking about Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.  I have not yet checked out this week's scrappy green sharing, so I hope you'll grab some sweet tea and join me!

My inspiration for today's house was this Creole Cottage in the Faubourg Marigny.  There are an abundance of lime green houses in New Orleans, but not many with purple doors and trim!  

My lime green happy scrappy house.  

I needed to use yardage instead of scraps to make this house.  So as I was happily digging through the green fabric stash I realized I have a lot of OLD green fabric!  

Some of it dates back to my earliest days as a quilter!  

I decided it was time to do some serious stash-busting of green fabric.  
What a great excuse to jump on the bandwagon and make a scrappy Trip Around The World quilt!  I'm determined to make a huge dent in my green fabric stash.  So far today I've put together 4 blocks,  but I also started cutting strips so I can just pick six and start stitchin'.  These blocks are quick to assemble and fun to play with.  I'm heading back to the sewing machine to see how many more I can make today!  



12 comments:

  1. Wow! Green house and purple doors/shutters? Very interesting :*) Love your interpretation - it's very close. I'm finding that I have a lot more older greens too. Some of it I'll take to the guild meeting to give away, but I'm hoping to get a lot of blocks made this month from what is left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your scrappy trip blocks. That green house with purple is great and your block is wonderful. You have me looking at the color of houses when I am out driving now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green and purple! They definitely work for the real house and the pieced house! Your scrappy trip blocks are great...you have a lot of greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your green house block. Very nice trip around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh... My favorite rainbow scrap challenge blog to check! What a fun green house. Our last house was white with BRIGHT blue-green trim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see an all green scrappy trip around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun green house. The scrappy trip block looks like a perfect way to clear out your old stash. Sometimes a little rotation keeps things fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving that green house! Ooh and scrappy trip in greens is a fantastic idea. More please!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the trip around the world block. I had some of that plaid fabric. I made a skirt out of it. You know the skirts, oh, what were they called...oh, right, broom skirts. I made a quilted vest and broom skirt. I still have some of that fabric left over in my stash too. Your green house is great too. I'm going to get rid of some of my green stash too. Have fun this month with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Two green houses with purple doors. I love what you have done with your pretty green fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that green house, real and pieced.
    great scrap blocks too!
    Can you believe our stash is becoming vintage? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great green blocks Angie :) Love the green house with purple doors and shutters!! You're way ahead of me I have my green box out but that's as far as I am with it.

    ReplyDelete