New Orleans House Project

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Glad to be Home!

Greetings, Gentle Readers!  I had no idea I would be absent from my blog for so long, but I'm back and soooo happy to be home.  I've missed my quilting activities and blogging friends, but fortunately I could read all of your blogs and keep the thread of inspiration going.

I was rather unexpectedly offered a new job several weeks ago, but I had to travel to St. Petersburg, Florida for job training.  I was told the training did not have a rigid schedule, so when I left home I thought I'd be gone for a week.  Unfortunately, one week turned to two.  Fortunately, my mom now lives nearby, so I got to spend a great deal of time with her!

Since I thought I'd only be gone a week, I only took one hand-sewing project along with me.  I made and attached the binding for the Little Hearts quilt, and figured I'd use my free time in the evenings to stitch the binding down.  Instead, I wound up setting up my mom's new desk-top computer and getting all the programs tweaked and old files transferred over.  And she also wanted me to go with her to do some new car shopping, so we trekked across the county a few times to visit car dealers.

Life is good!  I returned home on Friday night, filled up on some good New Orleans cookin' and slept in my own bed.  There are still chores to be caught up on, but I did manage to spend a little time in my sewing room yesterday, so I should have some quilty things to share soon.