New Orleans House Project

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Memory Quilt Finish

I put the last stitches in the binding of this quilt today, so I wanted to share one last set of pictures.  The quilt was in a blog post back in January, so I won't go into all the back story again today.  If you recognize the design as Bonnie Hunter's "Star Struck", you'd be correct!

Cindy Braiwick, a local long-arm quilter, did the quilting for me.  I told her my dad was a fisherman, and she had a lot of fun incorporating fishing and other water-oriented designs into the quilting.

There's more than one alligator in the quilt, but this one was the easiest to photograph - except where I cut off the end of his snout!
Great blue heron
A snippet of the quilt back

I have another memory quilt top close to being finished; hope to share it with you soon!