New Orleans House Project

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge - March


The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for March is pink.  No problem!  My box for 2 inch strips and squares is full of pink - some of those scraps date back to my earliest quilting days in 1988!  It didn't take long to piece 4 16-patch blocks.

Then I pulled out a larger pink scrap and cut some quarter-square triangles for hourglass blocks.

My design wall is full right now with another project.  I don't want to take it down or I'll mess up the piecing sequence - so I'll have to assemble all Rainbow Scrap Challenge 16-patch blocks another day.

There are lots more pink scrappy blocks to see over at Soscrappy's blog - go grab some inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Your pink blocks are so pretty! Funny, but I've been using up some very old fabric too. It feels good to use them up.
    Your blog is so pretty! I love the quilt you have on the side backgrounds of your blog. Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking collection of pink blocks. So glad you are using up your "vintage" fabric collection. Your finished quilt is going to be quite a walk through memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scrappy little pink squares - I certainly am being inspired by all the Rainbow Challenge participants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have used wonderful variety of pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink blocks look really nice - and using scraps that date back to 1988 is really impressive. I suspect I'm a bit like you I have to save just a tiny bit of every fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The many pink scraps look so pretty together. I love the way you created the hourglass blocks! Very striking!

    ReplyDelete