New Orleans House Project

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Summer Star Scrappy SAL: Neutral Nines & Split Nines

I'm doing my best to keep up with Diane's Sew Along, but stitching time was limited last week.  I spent a good chunk of yesterday stitching all my neutral 9-patch blocks together, and more time last night prepping for the split 9-patch blocks.

A few hours ago, I arranged everything for a photograph.  
All the neutral 9-Patch blocks are finished.  I had prepped some blue squares and blue and white HSTs for the Split 9-Patch blocks.  All I needed was some more blue squares and some white and cream squares.  I thought this might be my stopping point for today, but I managed to power on and cut the remaining required parts.

I decided to make one Split 9-Patch block just to see how they went together.  Before long I had four blocks assembled!  I have all the parts and pieces laid out on my sewing table, so it will be easy to pop in and stitch up a block this week when I have a few spare minutes.  I love it when prep work makes sewing simple during the work week!


9 comments:

  1. I love your neutral nines. And the split nines are wonderful too! This is going to be such a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love those neutral 9-patches--reminds me of Winter snow..lovely hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like you get to eat dessert first when all the prepping is done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty in blue and white. And don't worry about being caught up, I'm not caught up either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blue/white split nine-patches. Love the snappiness and the rich, diverse blues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, they look good to me! Begun is half done right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prep work is the key! Love how those split nines are looking.....

    ReplyDelete