New Orleans House Project

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Quilty 365 Loves Remembering

Time for another Quilty 365 report.  How did it get to be May 1st already?  I've been making circle blocks for 178 days now.  Some days I get a little frustrated, because stitching circles has taken up much of my (very limited) weekday sewing time.  I fret because I think I'm not finishing other projects fast enough - but I'm the only one making self-imposed deadlines.  I can't imagine stopping the circle-making now that I am almost half-way through!

For the most part, I'm going strong - choosing fabric every day based on mood, events, weather - whatever strikes my fancy.  I've kept up with my journaling, too, so I can actually remember what inspired each day's fabric choice!
April wound up having more remembering than I imagined at the beginning of the month.  There are circles to remind me of a birthday (mine!), quilt shows, my nieces who are learning to sew, a special musical event and even death and mourning.  It's going to be an extra-special quilt when it's finished...in another 198 days!