New Orleans House Project

Saturday, September 19, 2015

RSC 15: Another Take On Scrap Jar Stars

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my Scrap Jar Stars quilt last week!  I'm a big fan of this scrap-busting pattern, and I usually always provide a link back to my inspiration source when I show my SJSs.  I omitted the link last week but since I received so many comments, I just wanted to remind everyone the pattern was created by Amber Johnson who blogs at A Little Bit Biased aka Gigi's Thimble.  You can find her Scrap Jar Star tutorial here.

Since I already made one Scrap Jar Star in bright rainbow fabrics, I decided to make another one using reproduction fabrics.  I used lots of wonderful cheddar scraps for this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  

I also stitched up some Sawtooth Stars (4" variety) as Leader-Enders for the Scrap Jar Stars.  

I think this kitten must be a graduate of Kitten U

For more orange scrappiness, be sure to visit Angela's Soscrappy blog.