New Orleans House Project

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015

It's the first Saturday of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so I wanted to start off on a good foot with a post about my first scrappy efforts this year.  The challenge color for January is blue - which is not a problem for me as I have an abundance of blue scraps.

Since my overall quilting plan for the year is to finish projects, I started out by adding some 9 patch blocks to a batch I started during last year's RSC. 
These were made from strips and squares already in my 2 1/2" scrap bin.  The blocks finish at 6" and will be joined together to make 12" blocks.  I think I'll aim for at least 100 of the smaller blocks, so that means I need to make 8 blocks per month.  It's good to have a plan!

That's all the blue scrappiness I have to offer today.  It's been kind of a quilt retreat day, but I've been focused on finishing another quilt top and doing prep work for some other projects I plan to complete this year.  I've been taking a break and checking out this Saturday's RSC Link-Up over at Angela's Soscrappy blog, but now I think I'll try to get some more work done before I get too sleepy!