New Orleans House Project

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Purple Repro Crosses and an RSC Finish

I'm still focused on the color purple for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

A horrible picture (it's so hard to photograph dark purple fabrics!) of quarter-square log cabin blocks in purple reproduction fabrics.  These blocks are quick and fun to make; I already did the math for the finished quilt, so I'm looking forward to making 5 blocks in each RSC color this year.

In other news, I was finally able to get pictures of a finished RSC quilt.
The Carpenter's Wheel (some call it Carpenter's Star) block had been on my bucket list for years.  I decided to use it for a Rainbow Scrap project in 2014.  After experimenting with different methods of block construction, I settled on a plan to use HSTs for the blocks - thereby avoiding the dreaded set-in seams.  

I made eight blocks in the bright rainbow hues, and finished with a ninth, multi-color block.

As usual, my longarm quilter, Cindy Braiwick, did a fantastic job.  

I have gifted many of my RSC quilts - but I think I'll keep this one for myself!

More Rainbow Scrap inspiration can be found at the weekly RSC link-up.