After seeing all the mistakes I had made in previous Burgoyne Surrounded blocks, I wanted to take my time with the next block and make sure I put all the parts together correctly! I worked slowly and deliberately on this block today and managed to assemble all the parts without having to rip. Yay!
I've been trying to incorporate at least 2 colors into my Burgoyne blocks, but the purple fabrics for this version practically jumped out of the stash at me. I'm sure there will be other purple-themed blocks in the finished quilt, but I'm happy with this one for now.
In other news, I also made some scrappy HSTs for the border on my Windblown Wishes quilt. Whatever doesn't get used in the border can go into the Parts Department basket.
That's the limit of my scrappy stitching today. I'm looking forward to checking out the RSC link-up for lots of wonderful purple scrappy ideas!