After making two earlier memory quilts, I realized I needed to streamline the process a little if I ever wanted to finish making 7 quilts - one each for the children and grandchildren. This was the first quilt in the streamlined design - HSTs in the center, then a border, then a zig-zag border and finished with an appropriate novelty fabric border. Not so obvious in the picture, but the novelty border here is fish, as my dad loved fishing.
Again, I turned to my LAQ, Cindy, who quilted jumping fish over the entire quilt top.
I added a label (personal info obscured here) to keep track of pertinent details.
I put the last stitches into the binding yesterday afternoon while enjoying a beautiful, almost-Spring day at our camp. My goal was to finish the quilt by the intended recipient's birthday - today!