New Orleans House Project

Saturday, September 19, 2015

RSC 15: Another Take On Scrap Jar Stars

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my Scrap Jar Stars quilt last week!  I'm a big fan of this scrap-busting pattern, and I usually always provide a link back to my inspiration source when I show my SJSs.  I omitted the link last week but since I received so many comments, I just wanted to remind everyone the pattern was created by Amber Johnson who blogs at A Little Bit Biased aka Gigi's Thimble.  You can find her Scrap Jar Star tutorial here.

Since I already made one Scrap Jar Star in bright rainbow fabrics, I decided to make another one using reproduction fabrics.  I used lots of wonderful cheddar scraps for this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  

I also stitched up some Sawtooth Stars (4" variety) as Leader-Enders for the Scrap Jar Stars.  

I think this kitten must be a graduate of Kitten U

For more orange scrappiness, be sure to visit Angela's Soscrappy blog.
 
 

16 comments:

  1. That kitten is looking pretty smug! Love all these wonderful oranges you have to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little kitty just makes me smile. What a happy block with him as the star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stars! I made a couple of the scrappy jar blocks for a charity quilt awhile back and loved them. It's a great pattern and you are a master using it with your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MORE Scrap Jar Stars for me to drool over... YIKE!! I am SEW going to have to make one of these. Looking forward to seeing your Repro stars join the ranks for the NEW quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection of stars--LOVE that Kitten on the pumpkin one!
    Adorable...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun blocks, especially that Halloween Kitty! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL love that pumpkin and kitty ! Too cute! And even though it stole the show the other stars are lovely as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL love that pumpkin and kitty ! Too cute! And even though it stole the show the other stars are lovely as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of fun orange scraps in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite colors, any shade of orange! And the kitty is purr-fect! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one happy kitten in the star! Those scrap jar stars are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Four lovely stars - what a cute Halloween block.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a soft spot in my heart (and possibly my head) for star blocks, so your orange ones make me especially happy! Love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great orange blocks! love the halloween star :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your orange stars! Every time I see sawtooth stars someone else has made I want to go make more of my own. I think there's a Halloween star quilt in my future. ;- )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your stars! The Kitten in the pictures is just toooo cute.

    ReplyDelete