New Orleans House Project

Saturday, January 24, 2015

RSC-15: Still Playing with 9 Patches and Flamingos

It's another blue Saturday for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 
I didn't have much scrappy playtime this week, but I did make an additional batch of 9 patch blocks -  meeting my goal of 8 blocks per month.
The blocks will eventually be arranged in a pattern like this, only the colors will be random.  I can't wait to see what next month's RSC color will be so I have more blocks to play with!
I never did find a happy group of fabrics to make a "modern" quilt using the bottom flamingo fabric in this stack.  That's OK, I have lots of flamingo fabrics (this is a small sample!), so maybe a different RSC monthly color will bring about the right fabrics and inspiration.  Or, maybe I should make a Postcard Quilt featuring several different flamingo fabrics.   I think I need to keep bringing out these fabrics and keep the inspiration muse on her toes!

There's plenty more colorful inspiration over at Angela's Soscrappy blog, where all the Rainbow Scrappers are linking  up today!


14 comments:

  1. Great blocks. I love that flamingo material, it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flamingo fabric will look great in a postcard quilt. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love all of your flamingo fabrics--I think they could go all together--but then....I love busyness in quilts...nice 9-patches hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. 9-patch blocks are so versatile. I can't believe how many different quilt patterns are just made of 9-patch. Yours are cool with just the center a different color. I'm making an Asian 9-patch where the corner blocks are black and the rest in an Asian print. Like I said, so versatile. Good luck with your blocks. I can't wait to find out what color is next either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks. I love all your flamingo fabrics. They remind me of my brother... they have a couple of flamingo's in their neighborhood that keep ending up on different lawns =).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a quilt highlight all your flamingo fabric would be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blocks. Love all your prints.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those blue blocks! The flamingo fabric is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute flamingo fabric and I love your scrappy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun flamingos, you definitely need to find a project for those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of the postcard quilt (it is a super tutorial to follow).

    GREAT way to let all the birds come out to play!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the nine-patches. Those flamingos will come together perfectly someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you made your goal for the nine patches this month. Hope you find just the right inspiration for your flamingoes -- too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh those flamingo prints are adorable!! the blue blocks are great.

    ReplyDelete