New Orleans House Project

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015

It's the first Saturday of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so I wanted to start off on a good foot with a post about my first scrappy efforts this year.  The challenge color for January is blue - which is not a problem for me as I have an abundance of blue scraps.

Since my overall quilting plan for the year is to finish projects, I started out by adding some 9 patch blocks to a batch I started during last year's RSC. 
These were made from strips and squares already in my 2 1/2" scrap bin.  The blocks finish at 6" and will be joined together to make 12" blocks.  I think I'll aim for at least 100 of the smaller blocks, so that means I need to make 8 blocks per month.  It's good to have a plan!

That's all the blue scrappiness I have to offer today.  It's been kind of a quilt retreat day, but I've been focused on finishing another quilt top and doing prep work for some other projects I plan to complete this year.  I've been taking a break and checking out this Saturday's RSC Link-Up over at Angela's Soscrappy blog, but now I think I'll try to get some more work done before I get too sleepy!

16 comments:

  1. I like how you have a plan! I am new to the RSC, but I look forward to seeing your progress this year. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blocks and a great start!! Hope you got your other stuff finished ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those blues!!! I'm planning to do the same thing Angie. I really need to fill in some blocks from previous years blocks so I can get them made up into quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blue fabics in those cute 9-patches, Angie! January seems like rest time to me, too...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nine patches are a wonderful block to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a rainbow quilt like that on Pinterest. It was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a repeat in the bunch! Wow! It's good to have a plan so you just have to sit and get at it without thinking too much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My overall goal is to finish up a LOT of UFOs too! Wishing you luck. Looks like you are off to a good RSC start with a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you were able to get a few blue blocks in this week. Hoping for a productive 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blue fabrics. Always good to have a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty blocks. Blue is always so fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous blues . . . happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love your blue blocks!

    ReplyDelete