New Orleans House Project

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday: Assembling Scrap Jar Stars

It has not been a good week for quilt-related activities.  Work kept me on the run all week and my evenings consisted of dinner and struggling to stay awake until it was a reasonable time to go to bed! 

I did groom my scrappy green Trip Around the World quilt for a trip to the long-arm quilter.  Grooming involves a last press of all the seams, as well as trimming stray threads and using the lint roller to pick up pet hairs and more stray threads - probably my least favorite quilting activity.

I knew we would be heading for our camp this weekend, so I cast about for an RSC project that needed work.  I remembered my Scrap Jar Stars are in various states of assembly:  some stars are complete, others are just parts.  
I scooped up all my parts and pieces, plus background fabric.  I also have a bag of random 2" squares in all colors that can be used for the corner pieces.
So, my goal for this weekend is to finish up the Scrap Jar Stars and maybe start assembling them.  I have two star blocks for most of this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge colors, so they should make a decent-sized quilt.

I'm linking up with the other Rainbow Scrappers today where more scrappy fun can be found!
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty sparkly star blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty quilt you will have! I have enjoyed seeing them in each colour and the quilt itself will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Scrap Jar Star and I love the fabric you've picked for the background. It is very lovely together. Great choice. I am tempted to make one of my own now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really going to sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blocks are just lovely and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stars are beautiful, and they will make a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smart girl! You'll all of those done in no time and be ready to put together that fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I am missing blue and purple from my patches. Must remedy that next month. Love your stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The corner squares add the perfect touch. This is really gonna be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stars are going to be beautiful! Love the way they look as a collection. Hope things slow down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will be a beautiful quilt when the RSC is over! I too have been making 2 blocks each month. All the quilts will be wonderful to see! Your green Trip Around the World quilt is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful star blocks. This is going to be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely scrap stars Angie. I have been fighting fires all week, so like you, little time to sit at the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these stars .... Like that grooming term a lot! I tame mine when they return home, removing the excess backing and batting to reveal a quilt ready for binding.

    ReplyDelete