New Orleans House Project

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday: Orange Distractions

Many distractions this week, so not much orange sewing.  At least I could go in my sewing room and admire my orange scraps and strips!
I did get to make the Ribbons block for the Rainbow Scrap Sampler.

This afternoon I stitched up some Scrap Jar Star parts.  I didn't bring any extra 2" squares, or I could've assembled the entire block. 

I bought a kit for this table runner a couple of years ago.  I decided it could be the next camp project - something that stays at the camp until finished.
This isn't strictly scrappy, but I'll have lots of reproduction-style oranges to play with as I'm completing this project.  Looking forward to using a different range of orange fabrics!

I'm linking up with more Rainbow Scrap stitchers over at Angela's SoScrappy blog.  I know there will be lots of great orange scrappy inspiration to enjoy!
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Those log cabin pumpkins look like so much fun to make. What a perfect project for orange September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkins in the ribbon block made me smile. The pumpkin table runner will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous grinning pumpkins peeking out of your block. Enjoy you repro oranges too -- looking forward to more scraps when the table runner is done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love orange and those log cabin pumpkins really speak to me. Can't wait to see your progress. Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you managed to have lots of fun with the oranges even without your 2" squares :) Love that table runner - it will be so cute in the Fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a cute ribbon block. I like little surprises like that in quilts. And aren't those log cabin pumpkins just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving oranges . . . the scrap jar stars are still on my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful collection of orange fabrics. Ohhhh, cool pumpkin table runner pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pumpkins in your sampler blocks! What a cute log cabin quilt and a pretty range of oranges to make it with.

    ReplyDelete