New Orleans House Project

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday: Let the Orange Frolics Begin!

I had some time to dive into my orange scraps this week - what fun!  All that orange fabric makes me want to start another orange-themed quilt.  I'm trying to be good and stay focused on projects at hand!
One "Kick" block was added to the Rainbow Sampler stack.  This one was a fun way to use the Tri-Rec rulers!
Another Rainbow Sampler block - "Plus".  Quick and easy, plus I love the orange star fabric!
Last week, Sally T (Objects of Design) featured orange cat blocks.  Her blocks reminded me of an orange cat who once owned me, so of course I needed to make an orange cat.
As you can see, Butch was my sewing assistant!

For my ongoing scrappy project, I added 2 orange 9 patches.
And one Maverick Star.

There are still large piles of orange scraps calling my name.  I hope this coming week has plenty of time for orangey stitching!

To see more orange scrappy inspiration, do stop by Angela's Soscrappy blog to see what other Rainbow Scrappers have been up to!
 
 

 
 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful orange blocks. Cute tin holding your blocks in your last post. Will be fun watching all your blocks come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the tri-rec rulers and I think I have only used them once. I guess I should learn to use them. I didn't know you could make such a great block with them. Love the nine patches with a consistent center!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange is exciting and fun, and adds sparkle to any quilt. I have a fairly good orange stash, and I'm happy about it! Fall is a great time to use it too. I like the maverick stars a lot, I may have to start with those. LeeAnna at not afraid of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some very pretty orange blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your orange-y deliciousness!!! Those Maverick Stars are a favorite :) I have lots more orange to sew up too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the orange star fabric as well! Your blocks are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great section of Orange blocks. Love the cat! Block and the real one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not usually an orange fan, but I am loving all the orange scrappiness! Your blocks are wonderful . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I love to work with orange. Your blocks are very fun.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blocks look great, love the tabby cat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all sooo good. Doesn't Sally have some cute little fun critters? Now you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty oranges you have to play with! Love the cat - looks just like him!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful collection of orange blocks. I sure hope you can keep that kitten in line. And by the way...Butch had a rather scary looking doll collection.

    ReplyDelete