New Orleans House Project

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday: Are You Ready for Some Orange?

September is the month of orange for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I am ready!  Thanks to the RSC, I've really learned to appreciate the color orange for the spark it can add to scrap quilts.
I dug out all my orange scraps - strips and squares in various sizes, as well as a jar full of pieces too small for the strips & squares bins.  I have plenty to work with for my 16 patch blocks, 9 patch blocks and maverick stars.
Angela has already posted two blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Sampler.  I finished the Bear's Paw block earlier this week, but haven't had time for more.  

A final picture of the completed scrappy green Trip Around the World quilt top.  There were a few sunny moments at the camp last Sunday, so I snapped a few pictures before the rain returned.
I loved the stained glass effect from the opposite side!

I'm linking up with Angela's So Scrappy blog today.   There will be lots of orange inspiration, but I won't get to see most of it until this evening.  We're off on a bit of a road trip to deliver our grand-dog back to our son.  It's been fun having 3 dogs (our son's dog Jozy and our dog McKenzie are brother and sister), but it will be nice to have a slightly smaller menagerie.
Bailey, Jozy & McKenzie



 

20 comments:

  1. Looks like you have plenty of orange fabric to play with this month. Great finish on the TATW! Look beautiful hanging on the the railing like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great collection of orange blocks to work with. Your trip around the world is stunning. Was it another scrap buster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great looking pile of orange scraps for your blocks this month.
    I love your TATW! It looks great from the front or the back, and that narrow inner border is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip around the world is gorgeous! Have fun playing with those orange scraps. Looks like your pups are saying come play with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun!!!! You inspire me to put down my "need to do" stuff today and dig into my lovely oranges :*) And I had to smile at the picture of your menagerie .... identical looks on their faces, and such sweet looks too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! And how could I forget to comment on your green TATW??? It's absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations on such a beautiful finish :*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW you have a lot of orange and WOW that's a gorgeous TATW finish and WOW what a menagerie of cuties - I'm surprised you got them all to pose together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you get the dogs to pose so perfectly? All the cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! It will be so much fun to play with all those delicious orange scraps. Lovely fabric for the bear paw. Almost a shame to add the batting and backing - the stained glass look is so dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dogs have matching smiles. They're impressed with your Scrappy Trip Around the World too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt, and great orange scraps! I am definitely ready to enjoy some orange!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've learned to appreciate orange in my scrappy quilts too! I love the border on your quilt, I'll have to keep that in mind for when I finish mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure what happened to me, but I've come to like orange too!! Not the really annoying one, but some of the "prettier" oranges LOL. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a nice lot of orange to work with there. Love your green trip around the world. I've also come to like orange thanks to Angela and the RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like where the orange is going and I really like the green scrappy quilt, good job! My favorite photo has to be of the menagerie...those faces all look so happy, they're smiling! I think they liked their extended play date.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE that photo of the dogs -- and that TAWT is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have begged a lot of orange bits & pieces from friends, and bought a couple of fat quarters because I didn't have a single piece of orange in my stash, but I have to set to and chop up the pieces into squares before I can start to sew them. Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your trip came out great. Love the back photo of it. Those dogs are adorable.
    Have fun playing with orange - I think I purchased a bunch last year but it is being sewn up quickly in the Celtic Solstice. Must make sure I have enough for my RSC blocks =).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great oranges here and your Trig around the World is awesome in those lovely scrappy greens. Love your dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your Trip Quilt! Love your orange fabrics.

    ReplyDelete