New Orleans House Project

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Scrappy Saturday: Back to Blue

The September color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is light blue.  I have no shortage of blue scraps in all shades, but I haven't decided how I want to tackle using just light blues.  I've been wanting to make a blue & white 9-patch quilt, so maybe I'll start out with some light blue & white 9-patches.

I did start out with a light blue happy, scrappy house.  I love the main house fabric - it reminds me of blue and white china.

This New Orleans house is so whimsical - it looks like something from a fairy tale!

I'm going to be working on some binding stitching while I watch college football this afternoon, but I'll be taking breaks to check in at Angela's soscrappy blog to check on other light blue scrappy inspiration.


8 comments:

  1. What a cute little house!!! Well, both yours and the inspiration house :*) I can almost see Hansel and Gretel there on the porch, waving to me! Your fabrics in your block are perfect - it looks like beautiful flowers growing up all around the house, and I love, love, love that text fabric for the roof!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh la la! Your houses make me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have another lovely house block and a great house photo to go with it! I enjoy seeing both each week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little house - both of them! I have to figure out if I want to do a snail's trail..... we'll see how the month goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely house block. Nice and soothing! Love the real house also. What is the tiny house in front of it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely house to add to your collection! I have very few (if any) light blues! I used them all up through the years. So, I will try to cobble some thingamabob together this week...Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe that's a real house...so cute and a matching mail box!
    Your fabric house is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your little blue scrappy happy house. What a cute little house in the picture!

    ReplyDelete