New Orleans House Project

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Little Blue House

As I've been working on blue scrappy houses for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month, I couldn't  help but have music going through my head from this recording by one of my favorite artists.  Piano player extraordinaire Marcia Ball released Blue House in 1994.  It's a fun combination of blues, swamp pop and dancehall tunes.   I especially like the Day of the Dead iconography on the cover - a  very special "blue house"!  

This week's New Orleans blue houses are a collage of some from earlier in the month and others I've been saving.  I hope we have a month of light blue scrappiness, as I have a bunch more blue houses to share!

My blue scrappy house is inspired by Kaffe Fassett's Blue Paperweight fabric.  I just happened to have some scraps handy, as I had used a chunk of it for binding on the Granny Square Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt.

Blue scrappy leader-ender spools were also made this week.

I also managed some log cabin therapy with blue scraps.  Since the month doesn't end until next Friday, I imagine I'll have more blue log cabin therapy before all is said and done.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other blue scrappy beauties have been created this month - Saturday is sharing day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so please join us!





10 comments:

  1. Your "fish" house made me smile. Awesome blue blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all your blue projects! Beautiful blocks.
    I think I'll be sewing more blue scraps before June, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely blocks--I love that house--I have that KF paperweight fabric, too. I love how you used it. Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fabric. I like the fishy window and door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh golly...I think this is my favorite of your coloured blocks...the blues are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty blue houses, especially the on with fishes inside. Great progress on your other blue projects too -- looks like a good month for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun house this month - love the fishes in the doors and window!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty your blue blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie, the fish house is so cute and I just love all your blues in the spools and log cabins, and all the lovely New Orleans Blue houses, I'd like to live in one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love all your blue work!

    ReplyDelete