New Orleans House Project

Saturday, May 11, 2013

For the Love of Blue & White

Blue and white has to be my favorite color combination.  I mentioned it during last year's RSC month of blue scraps.  Blue and white transferware china is one of my favorites; I can waste hours drooling over transferware on Pinterest and eBay! 

This week's happy scrappy house is inspired by transferware china - the main fabric of the house is Ginger Jar by Timeless Treasures (an oldie but goodie!).

I thought this New Orleans house was a good display of blue and white together.  It's an example of a double gallery house.  Notice the floor to ceiling windows on the front of the house?  Those are meant to be opened from floor to ceiling to catch as much breeze as possible.  You'll notice the house is also raised slightly off the ground; this was also to help keep the house cool by allowing air to circulate during the heat of the summer.

A few more blue spools were added to the leader-ender collection this week.  Otherwise, I was occupied by another RSC quilt from last year.

Do check out more installments of blue scrappiness over at SoScrappy's blog today!