I decided to start with the Greek Square blocks, as they use at least four different fabrics and would present the biggest challenge. I wasn't wrong in my assessment, and only put together two blocks that made me happy. I guess I'll work on some of my other RSC blocks and return to the Greek Squares later.
Since my design wall was empty, I decided to throw the completed Greek Squares up there and see what type of layout might work for the final quilt.
A random layout - oops! - two pink square right next to each other. This looks better in the photograph than it does in person. I think this layout is too busy, although I'll keep an open mind until all the challenge colors are complete.
Color blocking diagonally - better, but still kind of busy.
I was trying to create a Streak o' Lightning effect here. I'd have to make more blocks and figure out how to deal with the side and end triangles. The off-white blocks would have to go in a different location, too!
My favorite setting so far. Squares sewn into groups of 4 and set on the diagonal. I'd still need to come up with side and corner triangles - maybe that would be a good way to use the off-white blocks. I'm leaving this up on the design wall for a few days so I can think on it.
It's been a fun day of fabric play. I'm looking forward to using turquoise in my other Rainbow Scrap blocks...and seeing what everyone else has been up to. There's a link-up over at Soscrappy's blog so you can check it out too!