New Orleans House Project

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Aqua Granny Square Saturday

It was a sewing deficient week.  I had the fabrics for this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge granny squares cut, but I did not get to sew them together until last night.  I still need to finish two more grannies, but that will have to wait until errands are finished this morning.

Have you seen Barbara Brackman's tutorial for a thread box/pincushion?  She set out to make a reproduction of campaign memorabilia from 1830.  Her inspiration came from a thread box with the image of Andrew Jackson (the hero of the Battle of New Orleans!) on top.  Her thread box commemorates the election of 2012 and features a reproduction fabric she designed at Spoonflower.  I'm going to try creating one of these in the next few days, although I think I will use one of my patriotic toile fabrics for the top.

I leave you with a picture of McKenzie as she "helped" me stitch down binding this morning.  She reminds you to go check out the other Rainbow Scrap Challenge ideas on display at Soscrappy's blog!



8 comments:

  1. Love those blocks! hope you are able to find some time to sew today. That pup is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good. Im surprised you get any stitching done with a four legged friend to distract you!!! Who by the way is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice granny blocks. What an adorable doggie! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Aqua or teal granny blocks. I love the puppy, I see she has a Hollee Roller ball. One of Mr Lex's favourite toys to retrieve. I made a whole quilt in Greek squares to make it look like the Hollee Rollers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks. Sew glad you found time to get them together with everything else keeping you so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the teal granny blocks.

    ReplyDelete