New Orleans House Project

Saturday, October 16, 2021

The Never-Ending Scraps

 The Rainbow Scrap Challenge trick or treats into October with a call to use lime green scraps.

I have already been digging through some lime green scraps for my flamingo fabric string piecing project, so it didn't take long to make some scrappy lime green blocks.

The top Antique Tile block contains some Tula Pink scraps I'm trying to use up.  The lime green is a bit different, but I went with it anyway.

The second block was inspired by some Kaffe Fassett Roman Glass fabric.  

I think I have some more Antique Tile blocks up my sleeve - the month isn't over yet!

When you have leftover flamingo fabrics, of course you try to incorporate them into as many scrap quilts as possible!

In fact, all of these fabrics are leftover from the Flamboyant Flamingos quilt. 
 
I've cut and prepped the strips for another Sugar Loaf block.  The strip sections are sub-cut at a 60 degree angle into 2-inch wide strips.  The strips all get background (white) triangles added to the outside edge, then all the pieces are assembled into the familiar star shape.  This process is best done when one is rested and energized for careful piecing!