Thanks to some dedicated sewing time last weekend, I was able to finish piecing my version of Diane Knott's Summer Star Scrappy Sew Along quilt.
The SAL appealed to me because it was a scrappy project and I felt the need to make use of more fabrics and scraps from the blue stash. My blue fabric stash is huge and never seems to shrink, so this seemed like a good way to try to make a dent.
This did help me use up lots of blue scraps and when the scraps were used up I cut into yardage. The blue fabric drawers now have a bit more room, but they're far from empty! I also made a big dent in my collection of off-white, cream and white scraps and yardage.
This is not a complicated pattern, and Diane's instructions are very clear. The assembly went quickly, especially since I had a stack of ready-cut blue strips left over from other projects. The finished quilt is about 90 inches by 90 inches. I will have it quilted by my local long-arm quilter - there's no way I want to attempt to quilt this on my sewing machine!
And...amazingly - I just noticed a mistake in the top row. I never even saw this when it was pinned to the design wall!