As I was digging through the aqua scraps, I found some chunks of this Natural Effects collection by Michele D'Amore. I used the collection for the above RSC project in March of 2014 (still unquilted, BTW). I really wanted to finish off the scraps, but I needed something that called for fairly large pieces of fabric to make the most of the designs.
I finally settled on a tote bag. I wanted to keep a big piece of the multi-color floral intact, so I cut large strips for the top of the bag. The body of the bag is made of 3 inch squares and the bottom and lining were made from a piece of Grunge (by Moda) yardage.
I used both fusible fleece and fusible interfacing on the body of the bag, then added straight line quilting to hold everything together.
There was enough fabric to add a good-sized interior pocket.
I like long handles on my tote bags so I can sling them over my shoulder. The finished bag measures 14.5 inches high and 16 inches wide. This could become a go-to gift project, especially using slightly smaller dimensions.
I also made some aqua pinwheel blocks this week. Here they are laid out with last month's purple blocks. My ultimate plan is to mix up all the colors, but since I only have two colors so far, I just color-blocked them.
I'm ready for the next round of color, but in the meantime I'll be checking everyone's Rainbow Scrap Challenge entries for today!