New Orleans House Project

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Orange Sugar Bowls

I haven't run out of orange scraps, but I think I'm finished with my orange scrappy projects for the month.  At least until some new quilt block calls my name and I have to at least try making one!

I added a few more orange Sawtooth Star blocks to the collection.  These only require a 2 1/2" scrappy strip - about 10-11 inches long - to create, so they are easy to put together from the 2 1/2" strip box.   I still need lots more colors for this project: pink, yellow, green, and aqua come to mind.

I also made some Sugar Bowl blocks using Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  These didn't photograph too well, I think due to the variation in color depth between them.
I added the two orange Sugar Bowl blocks from last year's RSC and they really overwhelm the new blocks!  It will be interesting to see how all the blocks play together when I try to assemble them into a quilt.

And now I have miles of quilt binding to make.  I was planning to do the binding for two more memory quilts, but there's also a t-shirt quilt that needs binding.  Good thing I enjoy hand-stitching quilt binding!

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, where lots of orange inspiration is lurking!
 


17 comments:

  1. More great orange blocks, Angie. I really like the sugar bowl design...must be an SEC thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little sugar bowls, too. And sawtooth stars look especially good in orange!
    Enjoy your binding. I've always found hand sewing the binding to be very restful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Sugar Bowls, too! That's a new block to me. They look great in the different oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with the "miles of binding!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your orange blocks but especially the sugar bowl blocks!!!! Not sure how much longer I can resist all this rainbow scrappiness!! Lol. Good luck with the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your orange blocks but especially the sugar bowl blocks!!!! Not sure how much longer I can resist all this rainbow scrappiness!! Lol. Good luck with the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hooray for orange - You have some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing the spread of orange from pinkish, to yellowish, to brownish. And one doesn't know who will go with whom until the end. Today I'm making binding out of plaids...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You still seem to have some good orange pieces left. The sugar bowls are sweet! Sorry for the pun. I'm sure they will all blend in well in the whole quilt. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your orange blocks are bright and exciting. Isn't orange a great color?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty orange blocks. I have only made one orange block.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm partial to Cake Stand blocks and your Sugar Bowls are their first cousins! (Any "basket" block appeals to me. I like on-point patterns.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks are beautiful and adding with KF fabrics is a perfect match ! Bravo Angie !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I love the variation of colors within the Kaffe fabrics and also between those blocks and last year's. Variations of color and texture, IMHO, add interest! Your blocks, as always, are stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful orange blocks, both sets. Orange always makes me think of sherbet, your sugar bowl blocks really give me that visual looking at the shading in them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Miles of binding means almost completed quilts! Your orange blocks are pretty.

    ReplyDelete