New Orleans House Project

Saturday, July 18, 2015

RSC 15: A Little More Red

Sawtooth Stars made me really happy this week.  After playing with the few I had made this year during the mid-year progress report, I decided it was time to start making more stars every month.  Since they are only 4" when finished, it will take a few of them to make a quilt.  A few of these red fabrics are really ancient, but I can't seem to every use up every scrap!

I also went back to June's color and pulled some light blue scraps.  The 4" size Sawtooth Star is great for small amounts of scrap fabric.  The main color only requires a 2 1/2" center block and 4 squares cut to 1 7/8".  I use Marcia Hohn's Flying Geese Speed Piecing method B and the measurements here.

That may wrap up my red scraps for this month, but there's lots more scrappy red inspiration at Angela's Soscrappy blog today!


15 comments:

  1. Little blocks are so happy! It does take a lot of them to make a quilt though. Looks like you are off to a great start on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy that the stars are making you happy . . . they are such fun to look at, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice reds--and they look so well with the blue and white stars...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet RED blocks and I love the LIGHT BLUE ones that you added, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stars! And you're making them the perfect size, too.
    Yours are definitely inspiring me to do Sawtooths for next year's RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stars look great. Very bright, perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little stars. I had no idea they were sooooo small.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were the inspiration for the sawtooth stars I made this past week. I opted for larger stars though. ;- )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job. Love the dotted red one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just think how cute all those little stars are going to look once they are all together! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What charming little saw tooth stars! Are those cats I spy in one of the stars?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love little blocks. And every time I come and see your stars I tell myself I need to make some because they are so so cute. And shortly thereafter I seem to forget I was going to make them. Ah, old age!

    ReplyDelete