New Orleans House Project

Friday, August 23, 2013

Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler Shop Hop v.2

The second weekend of the Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler (Let the good times roll) shop hop was pretty low-key for me.  I had more fun just visiting with fellow quilters and didn't do a lot of stash acquisition.  I even stopped at a local estate sale, hoping to find a treasure or two, but all I bought was a heavy duty vintage food mill.  I've been watching John Besh's Family Table on public television - he convinced me I needed a food mill, although I've got a perfectly good food processor!

My first hop took me to The Quilted Owl, my local reproduction-loving quilt store.  I bought a few things, but these three fabrics are my favorites:  two cheddars and one Halloween print.  No particular project in mind, just stash enhancement!

Next, I hopped over to Mes Amis Quilt Shop, my other local quilt hangout.  The vibe at Mes Amis is much more modern, as you can tell by the fabrics above.  The fabric on the right (lightest pink) is one of the Grunge fabrics by Basic Grey for Moda.  I really like those fabrics and collect new colors whenever I see them.  I think they would make a great Hopscotch or Paintbox quilt.
I bought the green and pink floral (above) as one of the fabrics for this bag.  I wasn't thinking about using one of the pinks above, but now that I see them together, I like the possibilities!