New Orleans House Project

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Aqua Under the Sea

I used up some turquoise scraps left over from a baby quilt to make this week's Rainbow Scrap house.  The remaining scraps went into the wonky log cabin pile; I hope I have a chance to work on those this coming week.

Five leader-ender spools also got completed this week.
I was sorry to hear Bonnie Hunter's Spoolin' Around Challenge has come to an end.  As for me, I'll keep making rainbow spools at least until the end of the year!

I found this fun turquoise house near Bayou St. John.  I love the two "eyes" on the second story!

That wraps up my turquoise inspiration for today.  I'll be linking up with Angela's Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so do check out more turquoise/aqua/teal inspiration over there!



11 comments:

  1. Your teal, turquoise fabric is gorgeous, love the little fish windows and door! The house would look good in the movie cars!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely provided us with colorful inspiration! Gorgeous fun fabrics and such a cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute blocks - love those fish in the window and door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty turquoise quilt blocks and i love the house too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable house. I love the fish. Great spool blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fish house! The spools are coming along well. Are you going to join her new challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this color, I am so tempted to paint my house that color! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. I love your house block! and your spools. I love this color.
    This week I printed the spool block directions. Hope to have some spool blocks in my future : )
    Wow. I would enjoy living in that blue house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post made me smile today...a fish house, such pretty spools and a turquoise house with eyes :) FUN! I'm going to keep making spools too...until something else catches my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The under water house block is so cute. Love the fish print. Nice to see the spools coming alone. I could life in that real turquoise house. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your aqua houses - yours and the inspiration house! Your scrappy house looks like it lives under the sea with a fun fish family inhabiting it. And I would happily inhabit the inspiration house - what an amazing house!!!

    ReplyDelete