New Orleans House Project

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Aqua Under Construction

I spent lots of time doing prep work last weekend.  I got all of this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge scrappy houses cut out and ready for sewing, along with a big batch of leader-ender spools.  When Friday afternoon rolled around, I had my weekend sewing all packed and ready to go to the camp.

Unfortunately, I must've been in a daze when I cut the pieces for this Happy, Scrappy House!  The window and two of the "sky" pieces are missing.  The block will have to remain Under Construction until I get home and cut the missing pieces. 

The leader-ender spools will have to wait until I get home, too.  The piecing feet on the sewing machines I have at camp are just not conducive to making those diagonal seams.  

Fortunately, I have other projects at the camp calling for my attention.  I see from a previous blog post this quilt has been under construction for over a year!  The above blocks are the last pieced border, so the finish line is in sight.  Not exactly scrappy sewing, but one has to improvise when away from home!

So I think I'll pour a glass of wine and go see what kinds of scrappy sewing the Rainbow Scrappers have been up to this week.  Have a virtual glass and join me over at Angela's for some scrappy show & tell!

Oh - did you think I forgot this week's New Orleans house?!  How 'bout a turquoise Bungalow-style double?  Wouldn't you have to smile coming up the sidewalk to this house after work every day?  I think maybe the front garden needs a few pink lawn flamingoes!





10 comments:

  1. Well, it's just under cnder construction, right, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh... That may be my favorite house yet! Also, your scraps for your sewn house are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you still had a wonderful time sewing at the cabin. Your aqua house will just have to wait a bit! That turquoise house is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are having a great time at camp. The house block can wait. I always have lots of projects going at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite house so far ! You go girl !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to go camping. Love the teal double house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric aqua house and the real one in New Orleans are both adorable. I had fun following your links to see your gorgeous treadle machine...wow what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did the same think with quilt blocks last week, my husband had a work conference. I packed up the blocks I wanted to do, took my hand crank sewing machine, did half of the blocks only to realize that I did not cut enough pieces! UGGGH! I love that turqouise house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you put that--under construction! Progress is progress and usually feels good. And you're right about the house! It's missing the pink flamingos for sure.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you got a little bit of it sewn. Sounds like a UFO got moved further along too. A very productive weekend. Love that bright house. I agree, some pink flamingo's would fit in there really well.

    ReplyDelete