New Orleans House Project

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Chocolate Therapy

Working with brown fabrics for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge reminded me of yet another unfinished UFO.  These 9-patch blocks were part of a swap amongst members of the Treadle On mail list.  The idea was to be inspired by chocolate and create 9 inch blocks that reminded us of candy.

There weren't enough blocks from the swap to make a decent-sized quilt, so I put them in the UFO pile to marinate.  I pulled the blocks out earlier this month and started sketching block arrangements.

I decided to alternate the 9-patch blocks with literal chocolate candy snowball blocks.  Today's chocolate therapy involved cutting the fabric for the snowball blocks and making a few additional 9-patches to have the quilt work out to a reasonable size.  I guess the best thing about this kind of chocolate therapy is it is calorie free!  

I'm getting frustrated by my current inability to stay focused on any one project until it is completely finished.  I have hope for this quilt, as most of the work is already done.  My goal is to keep this one on the front burner until it is finished.

If you're having a craving for chocolate, be sure to stop by Angela's Rainbow Scrap link-up.  I'm sure you'll find plenty of calorie-free fabric goodness!