New Orleans House Project

Saturday, July 21, 2012

True Blue

It's another scrappy blue Saturday, time to share our Rainbow Scrap Challenge fun from this week.  I did some Greek Square blocks this week, but I think I created more blue scraps than I actually used!

I was hoping to try getting another picture of these blocks using outdoor lighting, but it's been so rainy this week I never had the opportunity.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the secondary patterns created when all the rainbow colors get combined in this quilt.

A few posts back I talked about the blue & white anniversary quilt I made for my parents.  I completely forgot about this blue & white cracker quilt I made for some friends as a wedding gift.  This one is also a signature quilt.  I took along a box of pre-cut white fabric strips and some Pigma pens and had all the wedding guests write messages during the reception.  I assembled everything after the wedding and presented it several months later.  This was done at least 15 years ago; happily, the friends are still married!

Speaking of weddings and anniversaries, today DH and I celebrate 33 years of marriage!  We're pretty laid back about celebrating, but I think we will make a trip down the road for a romantic dinner.  

In the meantime, I'll be linking up with the other Rainbow Scrap challengers over at Soscrappy's blog.  Check them out for lots of great scrappy ideas!





10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great celebration... this many years together is a rare occurrence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Enjoy the nice romantic dinner out tonight.
    Love your blue blocks. I can't wait until December and January to see how all these blocks turn into quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and what a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see what you do with your blue blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!! What a milestone! I love your blue blocks and can't wait to see all the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversay! My hubby and I celebrated our 33rd last week! Your blocks and quilt are beautiful in the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 33rd Anniversary! Love all your blues, especially that batik in the bottom right greek square.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary. I checked back at the Scrap Saturday and realized I missed an bunch of links. I love the Blue quilt you did for the wedding some time back. Good looking Greek Square blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy 33rd Anniversary!

      Wonderful blocks you have made in the blue fabrics. Love the scrappy look!

      I am new to your blog, and have enjoyed viewing your past posts! I will visit you again, soon!

      :) Carolyn

      Delete
  8. Belated congrats on your wedding milestone! That's wonderful. Your blue-and-white anniversary quilt is quite striking. Beautiful job! Wish you could send of your rain over our way. We've been dry for so long and had heat indices in the 110-degree range for the past two weeks! Very unusual for here in Iowa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little Greek Square blocks are just lovely. Wow 33 years, I have to say you don't look old enough.

    ReplyDelete