New Orleans House Project

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday Night Hand Stitching

I procrastinated for quite some time when it came to binding this quilt.  It measures almost 100" x 100", so that was a lot of bias binding to make and stitch in place.  I finally tackled it this week; now I just need to hand-stitch the binding to the back.  I started on Wednesday evening, while we watched A Capitol Fourth on PBS.  I'm hopeful I'll get some quiet time to stitch tonight as well.  My guys are watching the Yankees v Red Sox on TV though - not exactly my favorite hand stitching fare!

There's another distraction tonight as well - a new family member!  McKenzie joined us this past Tuesday; she's half English Lab, half Golden Retriever.  We've had a few rough nights as she adjusts to her new home, but she's a sweetie and loves to snuggle, so I guess we'll keep her!

Sharing my hand sewing and linking up to Kathy's Hand Stitching party...hope you all have the opportunity to do some hand stitching this week!


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the hand work post! That sure is a lot of binding to stitch down! Good luck!
    And good luck with puppy training...what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a quilt that has needed the binding for at least two years. I just forget about it. I should move it to the sewing room where it would bug me until I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often procrastinate when it comes to binding! Don't know why as it's not really that hard, but I have to be in the right mood to get started.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new family addition is a cutie! That's a lot of binding to stitch. It is one of my favorite parts of making a quilt. I find it relaxing to do while watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute puppy! The quilt looks pretty, hope you are able to get some time to stitch the binding down this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am hand stitching binding down. And, I also understand the reluctance of making binding and getting it machine sew on. I always tell myself I can't enjoy the hand turning if I don't make the binding and get it sewn on so that helps spur me on. But I do have to ask why you made the binding bias? Does it have curved edges?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love the puppy. Do take more photos and post them.

    ReplyDelete