New Orleans House Project

Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Thrill on Blueberry Hill

The June Rainbow Scrap Challenge color is purple.  My favorite color, by the way!

I started the month by making some Greek Square blocks.  I had a big batch of purple scraps from one project and another, so I was happy to put them to use.  The dark purples are not quite as dark as they appear in the picture, but I didn't want to tweak the color too much and lose all that luscious purple-ness!

Those blocks have been hanging on my design wall a good part of the week, and the more I looked at the blocks, the more they reminded me of blueberry pie!  You know where this is going, right?  I found this pie recipe and it sounds delicious!

Of course, being a New Orleanian, I can't think of blueberries without thinking of Fats Domino singing "Blueberry Hill".  

Have a great weekend sewing and don't forget to check out the other Rainbow Scrap Challengers!


8 comments:

  1. Your blocks are beautiful, and so is that pie! Are you in your kitchen singing that famous song? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, now I am inspired AND hungry. Beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful PURPLE blocks. Oh my. How I love purple. And blueberry pie. Yum. I grew up listening to Fats Domino's BLUEBERRY HILL. We would work around the house and in the garden ... smiling and singing Blueberry Hill. Thank you for bringing back sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a piece of that pie! Love your purple blocks. I agree, purple is such a fun color to work with. Just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful purple blocks! I agree, purple is a fun color to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! The blocks AND the pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes your blocks do look a bit like blueberry pie. great to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it so strange that blueberries are purple?!?
    Love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete