New Orleans House Project

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pumpkin Juice Mini Churn Dash

I was (happily) seduced into sewing along with Lori's latest antique-inspired doll quilt project.  Lori's quilt was dubbed "Pink Lemonade".  I wanted to quilt-along, but I had completely different colors in my stash. So, in keeping with the beverage theme, I decided my quilt was best described as Pumpkin Juice!
Lori's doll quilt instructions are always clear and easy to follow.  This was a fun opportunity to play with some of my reproduction fabric stash.
I enjoy hand-quilting quilts of this size
I haven't decided on a quilting plan, and I have some other hand-sewing projects to finish before I start quilting this top.
In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my Pumpkin Juice!
Many thanks to Lori for hosting another great quilt-along!  Check out the Pink Lemonade Quilt Show at her website to see all the variations and color combinations created by other quilters.





17 comments:

  1. Love your version of Lori's quilt-along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your setting block choice of color works well. And the new quilt name works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome pumpkin juice...enjoy the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling little quilt. Love your creativity with the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this one & your fabrics choice. Congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little quilt. Have you decided how to quilt it? Pumpkin seed pattern perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours turned out so sweet! I just love it! I hand quilted mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How creative! I bet this is really neat in person. Hope you will post it again once it is quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, your Pumpkin juice looks great. I like my Pumpkin in a pie. It's fun to see all the variations from this QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pumpkin setting blocks - so fun to see the colorways and scrappy touches. They are the best!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pumpkin juice! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angie, i love your pumpkin juice quilt, yummy rich colours! this has been such a fun QAL :)) cheers, Marian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors. I love the variation you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this one~!!~
    what great fabrics and colors.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the colors you have used...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another inspired color choice--pumpkin juice, I love it! This will be great to display now and even better in the fall!

    ReplyDelete