The pattern is from a now-defunct magazine entitled Miniature Quilts. I only have the pattern page, not the entire magazine, so I'm not sure of the exact date, but my best guess is 1995-1997. If anyone has a stack of Miniature Quilts magazines, this is from Issue # 17. The pattern was written to be made with plaid scraps, with black, white and red as accent colors.
I did my version with red scraps, some of which are reproduction fabrics. The blocks aren't too difficult to assemble, just a little fiddly because the pieces are small. The strip of red fabric on the right side of the quilt is binding fabric I'm auditioning.
I thought it might be fun to use red embroidery floss (single strand) for the quilting. However, after doing a little sample, I decided using red on the white sashing would make things look too busy. I think I'll use the red floss to outline quilt the hearts and regular off-white quilting thread in the sashing.
Finishing this UFO was so much fun I decided to make another version in pink. It's still a work in progress, but I'll share some photos soon!