New Orleans House Project

Saturday, October 15, 2016

More Sawtooth Stars

 
The design wall was empty this week, so I pinned up all the 4" Sawtooth Star blocks I've been making for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Ninety-six blocks made it into this design, and I still have some left over!

As I mentioned last week, I want to do an appliqued block in the center, hence the large blank space.  I think I've decided on an applique design, but before I start that, I have several quilts that need their bindings hand-stitched.  If our weather would just cool off, I wouldn't mind having a quilt on my lap while I stitched on it!

More rainbow inspiration can be found at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge link-up.

12 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the appliqué block you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little stars will make a wonderful frame around whatever applique you choose to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful stars. Actually, I could see an entire quilt of these colorful stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful. I can't wait to see the center. And my cat desperately wants to come over and climb your design wall...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is this is already stunning! Will look forward to seeing the centre!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fantastic idea! I really look forward to seeing what you've got planned for the center!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They make a wonderful colorful frame for any center you choose, a great idea. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those stars! Can't wait to see what applique design you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty stars--I like the idea of an applique in the center...that will be lovey hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. That big empty space in the center is a such fun. Looking forward to seeing the applique that fills it.

    ReplyDelete