New Orleans House Project

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Where Have All The Purples Gone?

Yay!  This month's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is purple!  Purple is my favorite color and I love incorporating it into my quilts.  Good thing I have a decent stash of purple fabric and scraps though, because purple is definitely not a color currently in favor with fabric designers.  I try to add new purple fabrics to my stash on a regular basis, but the pickings are slim.  Purple-themed batiks and blenders are fairly common, but prints are more scarce.  Purple does show up as a combo with orange and lime green in some Halloween prints.  And it shows up in some floral prints - think irises and pansies.  I'll just keep watching and collecting - there are great purple fabrics out there if you look!

A quick dig through the 2.5" scrap box produced enough centers for some white 9 patch variation blocks.  I added them to the purple 9 patch variation blocks from last year's RSC and moved that project along.  

Some scraps from the reproduction fabric scrap box got this Scrap Jar Star going, but I had to make a few new scraps to finish it.   
I added it to last year's Scrap Jar Stars and now that project is a little closer to completion, too. 

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's purple scraps at this week's Rainbow Scrap Challenge link-up.  There will be lots of inspiration, I'm sure!

 

18 comments:

  1. Lovely purples Angie and your stars are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your purple blocks look awesome!

    Just FYI -- there are some good purple prints in the newer line called Basic Mixologie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful collection of PURPLE represented in your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely purple Scrap Jar Stars. And the purple nine patch variation blocks looks good together, so bright! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple nine patch variations are so pretty! And, of course, I love the scrap jar stars - I am making those, too! They make such a pretty block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Stars and nine patch blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love purple, too, so your purples are making me really happy!
    Love those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your dog comment made me laugh out loud the other day! Cool purple fabrics. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of your 9 patches Angie. So agree with your comments on purple. So hard to come by a decent purple purple print (as distinct from mauve or plum). My purple scraps are very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple is also almost two separate colors, reddish and bluish. You have a very nice collection. This is my first time really working with them and it requires much thought to get a good effect, at least for me. Your scrap jar stars are very nice, also the others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think purple runs through your veins if you are from Louisiana!! LOL!!
    Love your blocks this week! Those 9 patches are so different, great layout. I need to find some of that purple paisley fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be still my heart! I did not think I was a purple girl until I saw your blog. Those blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love purple too.. it is one of my favorites. Your blocks look great!! Still trying to resist RSC2016! but you are making it hard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not much purple here either. Most of what I have is because I made something for a purple lover or from Halloween quilts or from a pansy quilt that's a UFO.

    Nice to see the Scrap Jar Stars out and about again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful blocks and wonderful purple fabrics. So nice to be well on the way to some finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty blocks, I love the Scrap Jar Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH yum! I like purple too and your blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. pretty purples! it is the one shortage in my fabric stash. great for spring blocks.

    ReplyDelete