New Orleans House Project

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Quilty 365 - Daily Fabric Therapy Meditations

Audrey - the Pied Piper behind Quilty 365 - is sponsoring a link-up for those of us who are following her circular lead.  It's a fun opportunity to share one's circular logic and be inspired by the circular fascination of others.  Are you getting dizzy thinking about all those circles?
I started stitching circles on November 4th, and I've circled through 27 days now.  Not all of my circles are stitched, but they're prepped and ready to go.  I laid mine out using Audrey's suggested Monday through Sunday grid, but I'm not sure I see any patterns in my fabric choices.  Yet.  I have such a large toile fabric collection I considered "Toile on Tuesdays", but after looking at the fabrics, I decided most of them were not the right scale for 3" circles.  

I have general ideas for some things I want to try with my circles, but I haven't gotten a round tuit yet.  I really enjoy hand-appliqueing the circles to their respective backgrounds, but I also think using one of my hand-cranked sewing machines for the applique would be fun.

As for Daily Fabric Therapy Meditation - let's just say that there have already been many days where the act of choosing fabric and/or hand-stitching it have done wonders for my mood and general outlook on life!   I'm looking forward to this year-long journey, no matter how circular!

13 comments:

  1. Oh what fun. Looking forward to joining in on January 1. As sad as I am about not jumping in right now, it has motivated me to finish off current projects. Imagine how much fun it will be at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely circles--that kitty is really cute--i haven't as yet figured out how i will set them up--i only have room for rows of four on my design wall as Steven's quilt is taking up most of it....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are enjoying this. I loved every heart I made in my Sweet Heart quilt. I never regretted 1 of those 365 hearts. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear this is a good experience for you. I am so tempted to join in, and who knows, I still may. Until then, I just enjoy following along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I can already see from my circles that I am a very moody woman. Surprise! hehe I'm glad that you're enjoying this. It really is an interesting thing to choose fabric each day based on our moods.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks kind of cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous variety of fabric circles you've assembled already! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your circles! They are so much fun aren't they? I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this: Daily Fabric Therapy Meditation - That´s the same for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is looking good - I like your fabric mix so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am letting mine be as random as they like - and I completely agree with your insight about the relationship of fabric and mood.

    ReplyDelete