New Orleans House Project

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Saturday: Teal in the Rearview Mirror

Last Saturday I said "auf wiedersehen"to teal, but it turns out I wasn't quite finished playing with teal scraps.  Angela added several new teal blocks for the Rainbow Sampler and I hadn't finished my teal Carpenter's Wheel block.
Darting birds block in teal and brown - I couldn't resist using this fabric that reminds me of "Angry Birds"!

Corner Frames block in pink and teal.

 I used some "modern" teal scraps to make the 4 Plus block.

I was feeling kind of lazy by the time I started the Split 9 Patch, so instead of all scrappy, I just used graduated teal shades.

The Spinning Stars block used up the last piece of the gold, teal & blue fabric!

Last, but not least, I finished stitching the Carpenter's Wheel block together early this morning. The photo doesn't really do it justice (rainy weather, blah blah), but I think this is my favorite CW so far!

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge color for April is purple, which is my all-time favorite color!  I've already starting playing with my purple scraps, so I hope to have lots of color to share next week.  There's a Rainbow Scrap link-up over at Angela's blog, and I can't wait to pop over there to see what all the other Rainbow Scrappers have been up to!





11 comments:

  1. LOTS of us LOVE purple . . . it's going to be a FUN month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks. I LOVE purple, too. This is going to be a good month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "angry birds" looking fabric is adorable! Love the Carpenter's Wheel too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty teal blocks. I love the angry birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the birds on the bird block, very cute. Your modern fabrics really change the way these blocks look, it's really interesting to see the effect.

    Fabulous Carpenters Wheel. Are you making one each month? I'll have to browse your blog some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great finish to teal! Your fabrics really made the blocks special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your Teal in review was very productive!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your carpenter's wheel Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That "angry birds" fabric is too cute - love it!!! And I am absolutley drooling over your Carpenter's Wheel - wow!!! I hated to say goodbye to teal too, but I also love purple so it's okay :*)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Teal review was super. You must have had lots of teal in your stash. My teal adventure is still unfinished, but I love purple, so I may just jump ahead. I think the Carpenter's Wheel is my favorite, but it's hard to say because all of them are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carpenter's Wheel is my favorite. Good blocks, all.

    ReplyDelete