New Orleans House Project

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Slow Stitching: Never-ending Quilt Binding!

It seems I'm always working on quilt binding when Slow Stitching Sunday rolls around!  This baby quilt, made with Tula Pink's Hushabye fabric, was pinned and ready for quilting but got stalled.  I finally decided I needed to get the quilting done before the pins left permanent marks on the quilt!  Now I'm hand-stitching the binding and hope to finish up while watching football (Geaux Saints!) this afternoon.  All will be revealed when the binding is complete!

I'm linking up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching - there will be lots of other great hand-stitching projects to check out there!

8 comments:

  1. I love to do the binding of a quilt. Your baby quilt looks pretty. Please post a picture of the quilt when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy working on the binding too...it gives me lots of time to admire the quilt before I send it off to it's new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! My favorite way to spend an afternoon! ENjoy!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing the binding and putting in those final stitches before a good washing. Finishes are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing it off! Binding sewing is such a nice excuse to settle in and be still for a bit. Enjoy the final stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love the binding stage. It sounds like you are just finishing off tons of quilting if you are at the binding stage each Sunday! I hope to be at a binding stage next Sunday too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay almost to the end :) I don't like binding / seems to take forever...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So close that the ends actually in sight! I always binding off and then try to finish in a hurry once I decide it's time.:)

    ReplyDelete