New Orleans House Project

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Inspiration from a Chalkboard

I always look forward to Scrappy Saturdays, because I never know how color, fabric and New Orleans houses will inspire me.  

This week I was inspired by a very unique house and some Moda Grunge fabric.

The Before I Die house was created by artist Candy Chang.  Her website does more justice to the story than I can, so I hope you'll take a look.  Scroll down to see the entire transformation process.

As always, the other Rainbow Scrappers will be sharing their inspiration today over at Angela's blog.  I'm looking forward to seeing their scrappy fun, too!


13 comments:

  1. Neat house--it looks like a house at night...black/gray I find difficult to handle...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story about the house, and your house block looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had seen that story about the house - wonderful story!!! And I just absolutely love your interpretation of it! That blackish grunge fabric is perfect! And how whimsical are those colorful stars on the roof? Of course, you know I love the touch of aqua too :*) Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little house. Thoughtful "Before I Die" house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy your links to unique houses. Really enjoyed the before i die house. What an inspirational idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little black house block, and thank you for sharing the Before I die house and link, very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabrics for your house block. I love the colors you used for the door and window,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great link - thanks so much for sharing it. Cute little house too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house is going to look wonderful with your other houses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your brown and teal block is delightful. Really enjoyed reading about the Before I Die house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for including the link about the house... how interesting is that? Cute block too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the new house is great! how many do you have made now?

    ReplyDelete