New Orleans House Project

Thursday, February 14, 2013

New Orleans 1850 Revisited

After petting my New Orleans 1850 fabrics a few weeks ago, I decided I needed to return to my LQS and purchase some more of the fabric line so I'd have enough for a large quilt.  I finally had the opportunity to visit the store last Friday, and imagine my surprise when I walked through the front door and saw this:
Not only had the shop owner found a great pattern, she wisely had the fabrics already cut and kitted up!  I really like how the gold fabric almost twinkles against the purple in the star blocks.  It wasn't part of the original line, but really adds some sparkle to the quilt.  I also really like the large upholstery-style stripe for the outer border - great use of that fabric!

The pattern is "Pyramid" from the book Traditional Fat Quarter Quilts by Monique Dillard.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you I bought a kit for the quilt.  I won't be able to start working on it until several other projects are complete, but I think I'll put some of the fabrics on my design wall so I can admire them while I'm waiting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Angie, the golds and purples are gorgeous!! Can't wait to see yours!! What a lovely pattern!! I'm going to have to look through that book!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is gorgeous! Lucky you to walk in at the right time to purchase that kit. It looks like a fun one to make!

    ReplyDelete