New Orleans House Project

Saturday, January 19, 2013

By the Way, Which One's Pink?

Happy scrappy pink Saturday, y'all!  It's time for the lastest episode in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge v.2013.  I hope you'll tune in over at Soscrappy's blog to see what all the other RSC quilters have been up to this week.

Continuing to look for rainbow-hued houses as part of my New Orleans House Project.  We've finally had some sunny weather, so I was able to snap a picture or two while out and about this morning!  

Both of these lovely pink homes are located in an area of New Orleans known as "Uptown".  It's a posh neighborhood located not far from the famous St. Charles Avenue streetcar line.

And here's this week's scrappy pink house.  I was going for a softer, more old-fashioned look.

Strictly speaking, this does not conform to this month's color, although it does contain a fair amount of pink.  However, the completion of this quilt WAS inspired by last year's RSC month of brown scrappiness.  The nine patch blocks are from a block swap I participated in several years ago.  I added the snowball blocks during last year's RSC and I finally got around to putting on the finishing border this week.  The theme of the block swap was to depict your favorite chocolate candy!

Wrapping things up today with some of this week's spool leader-enders.  Making these is kind of like eating potato chips - hard to stop at just one!

Hope everyone has had a great pink week.  I'll be sorry to leave pink behind after next week, but's it's always fun to see what the next color challenge brings!





13 comments:

  1. I enjoy seeing your houses and wondering how you will find any for next month's color. How happy that your are finishing up quilts from last years challenge. Your blocks these week have so many pretty shades of pink. They will make beautiful additions to your quilts for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pink house block is very delicate and elegant - reminds me of Downton Abbey :*) And I love your chocolate candy quilt, the colors all play so well together - talk about eye candy :*D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pink house pictures!!! And your sweet pink house block. ALL your pink blocks. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, your little pink house is definitely soft and old fashioned looking, and photographing it on the pink lace is brilliant. I agree with Sheila, the whole pink post is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft pink block this week. Such a pretty brown and pink quilt. Great job on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soft pink houses. I used to stay on St. Charles when I visited New Orleans. I loved riding the streetcar into the French Quarter. Such a beautiful neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry that pink will be over too!
    Love your spools...I think I may have to give in and make up some spools!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your houses have been fun. A fav chocolate candy swap??? That sounds like it was fun also. I always love snowball/9P quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colors are wonderful! Love your quilt. So soft and somewhat old fashioned.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the houses. I am looking forward to your house project. Great house and spools blocks. I think we should always show off a finish that was any kind of inspiration to work on here. Great finish. Chocolates and potato chips sounds good. I am dieting and staying out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have enjoyed your tour of New Orleans'homes. We take for granted the beauty in our backyard and need to slow down to enjoy. With Carnival Season, we are seeing colors everywhere and sites like no other! I look forward to seeing more of your sweet and soft house blocks. Laissez Le Bon Temp Roule'

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy your blog. Hope you don't mind that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can get the details at http://quiltyfolk.blogspot.com/2013/01/11-great-quilt-blogs-and-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful houses you have there in your part of the world. Love all your pink projects and your chocolate and pink quilt is just beautiful! Lovely post! Ellyx

    ReplyDelete